Sunday, March 28, 2010

Back Home

After moving back in with Eric things seemed to have changed. We spent more time with each other. I was happy and in love with my little family. At first.

Before I could even get use to my new life with Eric he started slipping back into his old ways. Allowing his friends to influence him and call me all types of bitches for not being okay with him being out all night.

As bad as I wanted things to be perfect at home something was amiss.

After sitting in the house with the baby for the last night while Eric was out doing God knows what. I decided I was going to go out and have my own night of whatever.

So I called my cousin Tasha and my girlfriend Amanda. They were so happy to hear that I wanted to go out that they jumped at the chance.

We decided to go to a club in DC.

I was having the time of my life, I SO felt like I deserved after the past two years with Eric.

Looking back on that night everything is a blur except when I first saw Josh.

The only things I remember about that night are my interactions with him.

First on the steps, when he hugged me. Then later on the dance floor when we danced.

Josh was a guy I went to high school with. The only reason I know this is because Tammy had the biggest crush on him.

It was actually kind of cute. One of my high school boyfriends gave me a rabbit for Easter. Tammy was the Godmother, she appointed Josh as the Godfather, unbeknownst to him.

Josh was a writer. He wrote and directed stage plays. I remember hearing about that through some of our other high school colleagues. I remember being "supportive" and going to see one of his plays at the Warner Theater. I didn't even know him but for some reason I was so proud of him. I guess because he was my rabbit's Godfather.

Somehow watching the play made me feel like I knew him in a way I had never taken the time to in high school. I thought I saw what attracted Tammy to him. Later I'd find that I had NO idea.

Seeing him that night for the first time in years, I wanted him. Bad.

When he hugged me on the steps and our faces brushed up against each other, I swear I would've went home with him that night. Then we danced until the club closed and I didn't want it to be over. Of course I gave him my number that night.

Fuck Eric.

No comments:

Post a Comment