Sunday, March 28, 2010

Meet Alyssa

My name is Alyssa Rhodes. I am a married mother of three...

I'm not even sure why I'm writing this. As this could be the end to my marriage.

Perhaps it's the guilt. Or the need to get things off my chest. Who knows?

My husband is the most supportive man there is and I know he loves me way more than I deserve, still I cheat.

I guess I should start from the beginning. Where is that exactly?

Let's start with the first love of my life. A high school crush, Chase. Who I had no chance with. He was the "flyest" basketball player on the team. EVERY girl wanted him including me. Sure I was a cheerleader with my fair share of "crushees" but HE was the one that I wanted. WAY OUT OF MY LEAGUE.

My fellow cheerleader and very good friend, Amy, dated one of his boys from the basketball team. Equally as cute minus the swag (do people still use that word). Don't get me wrong Justin had his share of high school groupies. I just wasn't one of them, besides he was Amy's first EVERYTHING.

The entire year went on without speaking a word to Chase. He graduated and life went on.

It was the summer after my high school graduation. My best friend, Blake, lived across the street from Justin. He called to say that Justin wanted to "talk" to me. NO WAY. I knew how much he meant to Amy. Although they had broken up AND she had not only moved on, but was PREGNANT by someone else. Justin knew about my crush on Chase from two years before and used that to break the ice. As Justin and I grew closer I couldn't help but to fall for him. He was funny, sweet and so easy on the eyes. Amy remained in the back of my mind and I refused to cross the line. Until the day that I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment