Sunday, March 28, 2010

Chase

With all the fighting it was so easy to say yes when Chase wanted to see me. Things had gotten so bad with Danny at one point that my mother dragged me to the court house to press charges. He had given me a black eye and my leg was swollen from him throwing a pair of Gortex boots at me. Chase was exactly what I needed to forget about Danny.

I got a job. Working at a law firm as a receptionist during the day. Chase at night. All night. I fall in love fast. This I already know. I fell in love with Chase faster than anyone I'd ever loved before him. I think part of me was in love with just the thought of Chase before I knew him as a person.

Chase the person was way more than I could've imagined. He was everything to me. I got him a job working at the law firm. That didn't last long. He quit and I wasn't mad at him. It was fun working with him while it lasted. He still picked me up from work every day. I spent most nights at his house. Getting dressed and going to work from there.

The day Chase told me he decided to go back to school four hours away. It felt like someone had ripped my heart out of my chest. I was devastated to say the least. Chase got a full basketball scholarship so I couldn't be mad. I really was happy for him. Every other weekend I rode down with his mother to visit him. The weekends in between I either went by myself or coaxed a friend to come along. An entire semester I spent driving to see him on the weekends.

Until I met Eric. If Chase hadn't gone to school I really think we would've made it. I never stopped loving Chase. I just needed more attention I guess. Eric was here and Chase was not. I was totally up front with Eric. I told him that my heart was four hours away with Chase. I warned him that when Chase came back I didn't know what was going to happen.

Guess what? They know each other. Chase and Eric. GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment