Monday, March 29, 2010

For real this time

Things between Eric and I were perfect. We had been going strong for an entire year. That was an amazing feat for us.

Our son was doing well in school and I was pregnant for real this time. With TWINS. Eric's twins. Identical twin girls.

We decided we needed to move into a bigger house, so we did.

And we waited.

Waited for the twins to come.

They came that summer and I was in the worst shape ever. After having our son I was able to snap back into my old self in no time.

Not with these two. I was in pain for weeks and looked like I was still five months pregnant.

The way my body looked, I knew I could never be with another man even if I wanted to.

It was late one night and Eric went out with the fellas. He came home reeking of alcohol. The twins were a few days old.

To this day I still do not know why, but something made me go into his car.

I can't remember what I wanted or what I was looking for. What I found. I wasn't ready for.

A cell phone.

A cell phone with the same number in it over and over again. Originally I thought maybe one of his friends left the phone in the car.

So I brought it in the house to confront him. He looked like he had seen a ghost. He was too fucked up to even try to cover it up.

I made the mistake of giving him the phone. He wasn't that fucked up. While I was packing my shit to take myself and my kids to my mother's house, he locked the phone.

I left and took the locked phone with me.

It wasn't until I got to my mother's house that I realized he locked the phone.

I was up all night trying codes.

My birthday. His birthday. Our son's birthday. The twins birthday. SSN's, last digits of phone numbers, house numbers. I tried everything of relevance.

Then for no reason after trying 1234 I put in 6969 and the phone unlocked.

I had never hurt so bad.

He was on the phone with this mystery number the entire night I lay in the hospital after having our twins. HIS twins.

I became the bitch that called. I called the number and the bitch did EXACTLY what I have been known to do. She played it down. Said they were just friends. Did she know who the fuck she was talking to? I invented that game.

No comments:

Post a Comment