Sunday, March 28, 2010

Eric

I met Eric at a friend's party. He was kinda cute and really funny. His cousin asked for my number and I gave it to him. When his cousin wasn't looking Eric asked for my number SO I gave it to him too.

Eric called and asked me out to dinner. I was babysitting but he said he didn't mind if the kid came along. He truly impressed me at dinner. As I was yelling at this bad ass kid he was calm and the kid listened.

My maiden name was Lane his Rhodes, it was like we were meant to be.

M-F nights after work were spent getting to know Eric. The weekends trekking to see Chase.

Eric knew where I was going. For whatever reason I choose not to lie. I guess this is why it was such a turn on when Eric called me one weekend while I was with Chase and told me I had to choose. Right then and there I chose Eric.

Why?

I still don't know why I chose Eric. Maybe because my mom really liked Eric. Maybe because Eric had a good job. Maybe because Eric was nothing like any of the guys I'd dated before. Eric was stable.

Eric was responsible and knew exactly what he wanted out of life. Eric told me how it was and how it was going to be and I loved and respected his straight forwardness. With Chase as much as I loved him, I really didn't know where I stood. I never thought I was good enough for him so I never thought he was all mine.

I allowed things to progress with Eric. Like every other relationship once I hopped on board it sped out of the gate like a speeding roller coaster.

Eric was family oriented. It was important to him that I meet his family. No problem because families before his adored me. Justin's dad loved me, we even had the same birthday. Chase's parents had me over even when Chase wasn't around. Chase's mom still called me to ride with her to the mall.

This family thing came naturally to me. Except the day I met Eric's mom I happened to have on the hoochiest thing in my closet. I was so embarrassed. I would've never worn anything like that had I known I was meeting his mother. No wonder she doesn't like me. Oh well, feeling is mutual.

Before meeting anyone else in his family I had decided that Eric really wasn't the one for me. Although my mother and her friends loved him. I wasn't attracted to him. Like I had been to Chase. So I decided to start distancing myself from Eric.

I started talking to Chase again. I wasn't going to visit him but when he was in town he definitely came to see me.

Eric knew I was up to something and was growing tired of my shit. He was ready to move on and he told me so the day I was planning my mother's surprise party. I was actually okay with it. He was still coming to the party since he'd helped with all the planning up to this point and my mother adored him. We decided we'd tell her after the party.

That evening he picked me up from work and I was sicker than I'd ever been. I thought maybe I'd eaten something that had made me sick. I couldn't shake the feeling. I told him and he immediately thought I was playing games.

Boy please I want to be rid of you as bad as you want to be rid of me.

After the party we went to the grocery store and bought an E.P.T. Went back to the house and I peed on the stick.

Shit.

Happy Birthday, Mom! I'm pregnant. After the abortion, I was definitely keeping my baby.

Eric tried to talk me into not keeping it. Explaining this would be his third abortion. I was so pissed at the both of us for allowing this to happen. I wasn't going to put myself through the trauma of an abortion again.

Eric told me that he would support whatever decision I made. So WE decided to have the baby and he was the best thing to have ever happened to me.

After telling my mother. Telling Chase was the hardest thing I'd ever had to do. The look on his face let me know that I had let him down.

What's crazy is my entire pregnancy I wasn't sure who was the father Eric or Chase. I had wished for Eric to be the father and decided he would be, because he was the most ready at the time. So that was it. I was having a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment